Use and Care Instructions for Your Floor
Congratulations on your new purchase!
You will receive a call from our office within the next few days to set an approximate installation date for your new floor. The installation is weather and moisture dependent and our installation crews carry moisture meters to check the floor prior to install. If rescheduling is needed, you will be given the next available installation date. Our primary focus is to ensure a quality installed product that will last for years to come!
To prep the area:
- Make sure the area is clear and moisture free. All rugs, mats, carpet, potted plants or other floor coverings must be removed early to allow the concrete to dry underneath where they were placed.
- Although our vacuum systems contain 95% of the dust generated, please remove any items you want additionally protected.
- Please keep the walls clear 2’ above the floor so there is enough room for the equipment to operate.
- Avoid parking on the floor the night before installation to avoid air conditioner moisture pools or snow melt.
When the install is complete:
- Do not close the garage door until the morning after install is complete
- Please allow a minimum of 6-8 hours before walking on, depending upon humidity. Waiting until the next morning is ideal.
- You may drive on the floor 24 hours after install is complete, again depending on humidity. Waiting 36-48 hours is ideal.
- You will be happy to know that your floor is easy to maintain!
- Sweep off sand and salt then simply rinse with water. A squeegee works great to clear water off
- If you prefer, you may use your favorite floor cleaner. We recommend Simple Green, Pine Sol, CLR, Dawn or Mineral Spirits. Avoid long term exposure to bleach and stay away from acids and highly corrosive materials.
- For tougher cleaning let the cleaner sit on the floor for 5-10 minutes and scrub with a scrub brush or stiff bristle broom followed by a rinse for a revitalized floor.
If you are home at the time of install, our foreman will review your project and answer any questions you may have. Please have payment available upon completion to send with the crew.
We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with another project in the future!
If You Have Purchased From Us Before Please Leave A Review!
Contact Us For a Free Estimate!
Submit your request today to set up a live video consultation with Twisted Floors from your smartphone, tablet, or computer